A major goal for students and staff of St.James is to strive for quality in all we do, both academically and behaviorally. Each student will be encouraged to follow pre-determined criteria necessary for producing high quality work and developing and maintaining good character development. As the year progresses,opportunities will be provided for students to access his/her own work and leadership and teamwork opportunities and set goals for personal bests.
Dear Parents,I am honored to being your child's teacher this year and look forward to seeing you on Wednesday, September 16th for our annual Program Night. This will provide you with an opportunity to visit your child's learning environment and hear about many exciting activities and learning experiences in Grade 6.
To be environmentally conscientious, I will post agenda and classroom happenings on this blog. Information is updated at least on a weekly basis.
Five Other Important Points....
- Students will be bringing home their new agendas today. These agendas are an effective tool not only for organization but also as a vital source of frequent home-school monitoring and communication. Please take a moment to read and initial the agenda each night and I will do otherwise each school day.
- Homework,routinely assigned, will provide additional and important practice skills and will begin the 3rd week of school. More information will follow on Program Night.
- Later this week, I will send home the first of ten Scholastic Literacy orders. Participation is optional.
- On the first day a parent questionnaire and student info. sheet will be coming home. The first is for me. These questionnaires, held in strictest confidence, are very helpful in getting to know each child better and in planning for individual needs. The second is from the office and is important to ensure all contact information is accurate and update. Kindly review and complete both forms and return to school with your child at your earliest convenience.
- Lastly, in response to parents' requests, here is a list of commonly used materials in our classroom: Grade 6 Toolkit:
- Glue stick (one per term)
- Box of Kleenex for classroom use
- indoor sneakers with non-marking soles
- small package of fine-tipped markers
- personal pencil sharpener with secure lid
- Kindly have your child label all personal items.